For one of our housewarming parties I decided to make Caprese Pasta Salad. This is also a great dish for a bridal shower, an outdoor engagement party, a BBQ, and any other event that calls for a yummy, filling, and easy side dish that is a big crowd pleaser. I can’t wait to make this recipe again with cheese tortellini!
1. Cook the pasta by following the box instructions. You can use anything you like, I used orecchiette this time. Give it a taste and make sure the pasta is cooked before draining.
2. This might be a crime in the culinary world, but pour cold water over the pasta to cool it faster and stop it from overcooking.
3. Chop the cherry tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella, and add them to the pasta. If you are using mozzarella pebbles, no need to cut them. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
4. Make the dressing by whisking these three. Put the mixture to the side and let the flavors blend.
5. Once you are ready to serve, pour the dressing in the salad, season with salt and pepper to taste, toss, and enjoy!