I tried a couple of new Pinterest recipes for Thanksgiving and here are my reviews. You can find all the Pinterest recipes I’ve tried and loved here, and all the Pinterest recipes I’ve tried and disliked here.
Friendsgiving – Spinach and White Bean Dip
Review: Not a keeper.
- It was easy and quick but all I could taste was cannellini beans and dill.
Work Thanksgiving – Sweet Corn Muffins
Review: Just ok.
- Since the recipe included cake mix, I thought they would be more moist. The first batch was a bit dry so I reduced the baking time for the second batch, but it didn’t make much difference.
- Next time I’ll try this corn muffin recipe that includes creamed corn. It will have more texture and hopefully the moisture I’m looking for.
- Probably a good recipe if you are dipping them in soup though.
Family Thanksgiving – 3-Layer Pizza Dip
Reviews: In one word “Blah!”
- Not terrible but not memorable and I forgot to take a picture.
- It is easy to put together, but not something I would crave (and I love cheese and pizza.)
Family Thanksgiving – Corn Casserole
Review: Has become a tradition.
- I tried this recipe like 3 years ago and it has become a staple at our thanksgiving table.
- I completely forgot to take a picture of it once it was done, but if you need a visual, check out the link or just imagine a lot of bubbly browned melted cheddar cheese.
Family Thanksgiving – Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- I pinned this recipe LONG time ago, and this Thanksgiving my mother-in-law asked me to bring pecan pie and cheesecake which encouraged me to finally bake this Pecan Pie Cheesecake.
- As you can see from the pictures, this is the type of dessert you need to make the day before, it takes time and several steps, but once you taste the final product it is definitely worth it!