Mila, our Boston Terrier, turned two in February. It is incredible how time flies! It seems like it was only yesterday when we brought our five-pound pup home. Definitely one of the best decisions of my life. In honor of our little girl, here are 11 things we went through that I’m sure lots of puppy owners can relate to.
You know you are a puppy owner when…
- “Potty” becomes part of your daily vocabulary.
- You find yourself clapping and cheering for dog poop/pee (outside).
- You hear newborns’ parents share their stories and you feel you can relate.
- You can’t stop talking about your dog.
- You can’t stop saturating social feeds with your pup’s pics.
- You can’t believe how much you can love your pet.
- Your pup feels more like your baby than “just a dog.”
- You feel extreme guilt if you leave your home for more than 4 hours.
- You find yourself doing crazy dog owner stuff (buying doggy coats, seat belts, life jackets etc.)
- You turn a 5 minute errand to Pets Smart into an hour long shopping spree.
- You think your dog is the prettiest dog in the world.
- You get a bit sad when your pup starts becoming more independent and doesn’t need you to go up the stairs, or get on the couch.
- You show off your dog’s tricks when people come over and you feel like a proud parent.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add more on a comment below!
If you don’t know Mila, here are a couple of photos