When I was younger, my mom used to bake all the time. I loved being her little helper in the kitchen and soon it became a shared passion. I enjoyed trying new recipes, making up my own, and even selling my baked goods in our neighborhood. As the years went by, this hobby faded, but now that I have all of my baking registry gifts I’m ready to explore it again! Here is my March baking activity:
Brownie & Cookie Crust Cheesecake
My husband loves brownies, cookies and cheesecake, so I decided to put all of these together for his birthday. I looked for a simple cheesecake recipe online (can’t find the link). This recipe called for a brownie mix crust, but I used the Betty Crocker supreme bars mix instead.
- The balance of sweetness was good because the crust was really sweet but the cheesecake was not.
- The recipe asked for a smaller amount of brownie mix than the box I purchased…so when I dumped the cheesecake mix on the semi-baked cookie/brownie crust, the crust rose to the edges, so the ratio of cheesecake and crust was not great.
- I might have beaten the eggs a bit more than recommended, so the top did sink a bit.
- It was ok, probably not a keeper.
Chocolate Bundt Cake (Recipe)
Nana, Matthew’s grandmother, loves chocolate! So I found this chocolate bundt cake recipe and I got to use my brand new bundt cake pan for her birthday. To make it more chocolaty I added chocolate chips to the batter and to make things simpler I bought a pre-made Milk Chocolate icing (just warmed it up to get the drizzle effect.)
- It was really light (not in calories) and moist.
- Served warm would have probably been 100 times better.
- It was good, I enjoyed it, but did not LOVE it.