This Saturday is my 27th birthday, and it is crazy to think that 10 years ago I was a high school senior! I started reflecting on all the life expectations, dreams, and fears I had a decade ago and came up with five things I would tell my 17-year-old self.
1. I know you are still not 100% sure about what you want to be when you grow up, and graduation is right around the corner. Don’t worry about it! The light bulb will light up around 2009.
2. I know you are nervous about the possibility of leaving Costa Rica and going to UF, but I promise going to Gainesville for college will become one of the best decisions of your live. You will learn a lot, have a lot of fun, and meet tons of people.
3. In 2008, you will be approaching graduation day and will finally realize you do not have a passion for Finance, your major, but…it will not be the end of the world! You will finish your degree and after some real work experience in Marketing, things will start to feel right.
4. Your career change will push you to a new adventure in Atlanta. Not only will you get a master’s degree, but you will also gain a new home, friends and family. Oh…and that preconceived idea of how you would “never date an American,” changes real quick! [Love you hubs!]
5. I know you think by 25 you will be married and by 27 you will have your first kid. Well the married part is not so off (married at 26), but the 27-year-old mom thing…NOT HAPPENING. You will be amazed how in your late 20s you still feel so young and not ready for that type of responsibility. However, you will have the most amazing dog which kinda counts as a daughter, and you will be ready for your second puppy.